Over the last ten years, I have worked with a lot of successful authors. From New York Times bestsellers to successful indies who are making small fortunes with their writing. One of the things nearly all of them have in common is a system of organization. They don’t all have the same system, but they all have something.
In today’s episode, we are going to talk about how to stay organized, how to create a plan and how to do it from a place of joy rather than obligation.
Our guest today is a USA Today best selling author. She has written 75 novels, and has won a lot of writing awards including, the Christy, Carol, Inspy, and Rita awards.
She’s run a school for novelists for over a decade, and her students get published, stay published and build brilliant careers. I have personally been very impressed with the success of her students.
She’s here today to share her strategies for 2020 to make your year not only brilliant but to help you live a life full of value and joy.
Susan May Warren, welcome to the Christian publishing show!
- Why is planning important for Christian Authors? Why not just go with the flow?
- Why do Christian authors struggle to plan?
- Benjamin Tribe Story
- Walk us through that journey of figuring this out. What did you have to learn the hard way?
- How do values come into play? How do you organize your life around your values?
- It is not about putting a block into every spare minute.
- Values help you know when to say no. I am not saying no, I am saying yes to something bigger.
- What have you learned about God while planning for the new year?
- What tools make planning easier?
- Any final tips or encouragement?
- MyBrilliantWritingPlanner.com (30% Discount Coupon: CPS2019)
Sponsor: Christian Writers Institute
The Course of the Week: Deeper: Spiritual Formation for the Writer
Explore the Deeper Life of the Christian Writer.
A strong spiritual life is the foundation upon which a writer can build their writing. It is important that every writer think deeply about this. God’s word is a powerful source of strength and comfort.
Use coupon code “podcast” to save 10% or click the link in the show notes to activate the coupon code automatically.