Have you ever been frustrated while looking for an agent or editor? In today’s episode, I talk about where to find good editors and agents using the Christian Writers Market Guide.
Why are agents and editors so hard to find for many authors? It’s because many authors:
- don’t know where to start.
- don’t know who to call.
- don’t know who to trust.
The cool thing about the market guide is that it not only gives you the contact info for agents and editors, it also gives you tips on how to successfully pitch them. These tips are often written by the agents themselves.
I don’t want to bury the lead here, the online version of the market guide is now only $9.99 a year. It used to be $5.99 a month.
New Bonus Features
- Over $500 worth of coupons for author training.
- New listings of educational resources including podcasts.
Let’s breakdown each section of the guide:
Section 1 Book Publishers
- There are hundreds of Christian book publishers.
- Know the size, denominational affiliation, target audience, and what they are looking for.
Section 2 Independent Book Publishers
- Independent Book Publishers
- Design and Production Services
- Distribution Services
Section 3 Periodical Publishers
- Topics and Types
- Adult Markets
- Teen/Young Adult Markets
- Children’s Markets
- Writers Markets
Section 4 Specialty Markets
- Daily Devotional Booklets and Websites
- Greeting Cards and Gifts
- Bible Curriculum
Section 5 Support for Writers
- Literary Agents (often with tips by the agents themselves on how to get accepted)
- Writers Conferences & Seminars
- Writers Groups
- Editorial Services
- Publicity and Marketing Services
- Legal and Accounting Services
- Speaking Services
- Writing Education Resources